St Joseph/ St Paul Catholic Churches Pastoral Council Minutes
July 27-Wonder (PG)
- In attendance: Msgr. Thomas Flach, Matthew Leitzen-President, Tim Kirschbaum- Vice President, Monica Jones, Debra Bertrand, Ron DaRosa, Rosemary Gribble, Deacon Ken Hilliard, Angela Lees, Cindy Pulsford, Lon Richard, Cindy Yong, and Patti Zanotti Excused: Andrea McNeill, Absent: David Haas and Tim Kee
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: A motion was made to approve 5/22/2018 with one correction by Debra Bertrand, a seconded by Lon Richard
- Old Business
- Update on Glenmary Missioner Project: The covenant has been signed by Msgr Flach and Brother Jason Muhlenkamp. Brother Jason will be visiting between July 26-30. Brother Jason will be giving presentations during each mass. Information about Brother Jason will be in the bulletin.
- Update on the transition packet for the new priest: Fr. Brian Barker will be the new pastor for St Joseph and St Paul. Effective date will be Aug 5th, 2018. He will arrive July 30-31. It might be helpful for Fr. Barker to meet the leadership of both parishes. Since Fr. Barker is from this area, the information packet may not be necessary.
- Faith Formation Report:
- Steubenville Conference- July 13-15. April Imhoff and Angela Lees will chaperone the youth to Springfield, MO for the weekend. The teens will share their experiences with the parish community the weekend after they return.
- St Joseph Summer Cinema- Movies will be shown in the Family Life Center at 6pm Friday, June 29 and Friday, July 27th. Popcorn will be served. Bring your lawn chairs or a blanket, beverage, and a snack to share.
July 27-Wonder (PG)
- VBS- Luke the Evangelist-July 22-July 26 from 6pm to 8pm. Ages 3 years old (potty trained) to incoming 4th graders. Register with Angela Lees at (618) 993-3194 ext. 4 or on the parish website under the VBS registration tab. The next planning meeting is July 10th at 6pm.
- Registration for YFF- YFF (Pre-K through 12th grade) registration for the 2018-2019 year will take place at the Parish Picnic on Sunday, September 9th.
- CPM Report on upcoming events
- Pancake Breakfast- It was a successful endeavor with the community. We raised $1,003.83. These are similar results to past Pancake breakfast fundrasiser.
- Turning Point Book Study- Is a scripture study on the Gospel of John along with faith sharing discussions. The study also has included a time for fellowship and a meal. The book study has 30 people attending and has been very fruitful.
- Oktoberfest- It is a 3 day event from Oct 5-7 (Friday-Sunday). There is a car show planned for Oct 5, along with many other activities throughout the weekend. This is a huge endeavor and there is concern with the timeliness of the progress of the planning of the event. Committees have been formed and progress is being made. Availability of bands are currently being looked at . The Knights of Columbus and St Joseph are hosting the event.
- Pastor’s Comments
- Msgr. Flach will begin to head west July 15th.
- Msgr. Flach thanks everyone for the wonderful reception and he also thanks the pastoral council and the partnership between the two parishes.
- As for his retirement plans, he hopes to get his credentials out there and become a substitute priest. He also hopes to continue his study of Spanish and culture.
- Msgr. Flach reports that Fr. Ken is in good spirits and to keep him in our prayers. Fr. Gerald has been filling in.
- Meeting date and time: Aug. 28th, 2018 6:30 at St Joseph
- Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn the meeting by Debra Bertrand, and seconded by Msgr. Flach.