St Joseph/ St Paul Catholic Churches PASTORAL COUNCIL MINUTES
- In attendance: Msgr. Thomas Flach, Deacon Ken Hilliard, Monica Jones, Angela Lees, Cindy Pulsford, Lon Richards, Cindy Yong, Tim Kirschbaum, Andrea McNeill, Matthew Leitzen, Ron DaRosa, and Tim Kee, Debra Bertrand- President; Absent Excused – David Haas and Patti Zanotti; Absent – Rosemary Gribble.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: 11/28/2017 Minutes were approved. Motion was made to accept the minutes by Monica Jones, and was seconded by Tim Kirschbaum. Motion carried.
- Old Business:
- Status of Organist- Justin Nehrkorn is currently filling in as the organist as St. Joseph. Jane Otte also has been helping out as needed. A search may be needed to find an organist to serve all masses between both parishes or St. Joesph and St. Paul may need to contract separate organists. Andrea McNeill will be part of a committee to find an organist.
- Church Safety- Cindy Yong attended a workshop on church safety the Williamson County Sheriff’s Dept presented. Dan Fruge has been asked to attend the next workshop. Safety was discussed for both parishes. Hospitality ministers and ushers should take part in the church safety. The Chief of Police in Johnston City has offered to speak to St. Paul.
- Ad Hoc Committee Recommendation re: Direction/ Mission/ Vision of parishes- Tim Kirschbaum had scheduled time to visit Brother Jason from the Glenmary Mission, but due to weather and scheduling, the visit has been rescheduled for February 5-6, 2018. Tim Kirschbaum has also contacted Father Aaron also from the Glenmary Mission and has scheduled a tentative visit from February 24-26, 2018. An announcement will be in the bulletin to communicate the Glenmary Mission with the parishes.
- New Business:
- Election of Officers- Debra Bertrand made a motion to open nominates for President, Vice- President, and Secretary positions. Debra Bertrand nominated Matthew Leitzen for President; Lon Richards seconded the nomination, all approved. Matthew Leitzen nominated Tim Kirschbaum for Vice-President; Debra Bertand seconded the nomination, all approved. Debra Bertand nominated Monica Jones for Secretary; Andrea McNeill seconded the nomination, all approved.
- Capital Campaign- St. Joseph Finance Committee will meet January 24, 2018 to discuss the debt of St. Joseph, pay of the organist, and the monetary gift that was given St. Joseph.
- Committee Reports: Cindy Yong and Matthew Leitzen will meet to decide the rotation of the committee reports to improve communication between the committees and the Pastoral Council. These committees will include; Faith Formation, Outreach, Stewardship, Welcome, Vocation, and Liturgy. Kristi Cawvay OLMC liaison will report at the next meeting.
- Pastor’s Comments:
- Msgr. Thomas Flach and Matthew Leitzen at the St. Paul Finance Committee on January 29, 2018 plans to discuss the idea of using some of the finances to promote education for the youth.
- Lenten schedules have been set
- Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2018 will have 3 Masses. 7 a.m and 6:15 p.m at St. Joseph and 12:10 p.m at St. Paul.
- Two Masses on Wednesdays during lent will be at 12:10 p.m at St Paul’s and 6:10 p.m at St. Joseph.
- Stations of the Cross at St. Joseph at 6:30 p.m
- Fish Fry on Fridays from 4p.m- 7 p.m
- Holy Thursday Mass on March 29, 2018 at 7 p.m at St. Joseph
- Good Friday services on March 30, 2018 will be at 1 p.m at St. Paul and 6:30 p.m at St. Joseph.
- Easter Vigil Mass on March 31, 2018 will be at 8 p.m at St. Joseph
- Easter Sunday Masses on April 1, 2018 will be at 8:30 a.m at St. Paul and 10:30 a.m at St. Joseph.
- Msgr. Thomas Flach discussed that the Vocation committee should become more proactive to bring attention to the formation of possible future priests.
- Meeting date & Time: Feb. 27, 2018 at the Family Life Center at St. Joseph
- Adjournment: Motion to adjourn by Andrea McNeill, and seconded by Debra Bertrand. Motion carried.